Monday, September 6, 2010

Eyes have been Opened

I love how God confirms things.
This won't take long, but I must share...
We live in a two BR home with one bathroom and 6 people. It hasn't always been this way. We moved here after selling our 3br/2bth rather quickly. A temporary move but a significant one.
I love having company. Making dinner or coffee and dessert and sharing it with others. For some reason I didn't do it often. Whether lack of confidence in my cooking or lack of space to "entertain."
Now that we live in our humble home, even less do I feel at ease to invite anyone in.

A friend called and asked to spend the night. I laughed and asked, "you know where I live, right?" She laughed and said. "yes."
Who was I to say no. She just need a place to "crash" for the night. She didn't care if my four children shared a room or that the conversation in the kitchen could be clearly heard in the bathroom. She didn't care that the shower turned cold when I washed my hands from the kitchen faucet. She just wanted somewhere safe and comfortable to rest, visit.

What resulted was a lot of laughter and fun for everyone!

Then I read Max Lucado's "Outlive Your Life" His chapter on being called to hospitality struck a chord.
I can't put it into words, that's Mr. Lucado's job. Just go buy the book and see if your eyes will be opened as well.
Oh by the way...Happy Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it