Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Daughter

November 11, 2000. The day my precious daughter entered the world.

The first thing I remember about her entrance was what a large mouth she had. Yes, she was tiny, but her mouth...my goodness.


What I didn't know was that 11 years later she would still struggle to be quiet. I know, I was a tween girl once too, but she is always talking-and laughing. Mostly laughing. She brings life to our home in a way I could never imagine.

I'm not a great writer. I leave that to my husband. So here is his take on 11/11/11. It brought me to tears in such a good way.

"Eleven years ago today, my baby girl entered this beautiful, crazy world. The first thing I remember about her was the shape of her mouth, which reminded me of her mother's, and the loud cry she let out. She came at a time in our lives when we needed stability, closure, and a new beginning. She was and is a wonderful gift from God, and I love that little girl more than my own life."

Which brings me to 11/11/11. Savannah and I came up with the idea to have a "Crazy in Neon" Party. We made out black invitations with neon ink and encouraged those who could attend, to dress in neon or white clothes.

With the help of some wonderful friends and some great, after-halloween sales, we taped the garage in black garbage bags and splattered neon paint all over them. We sprayed the ceiling with glow-in-the-dark paint added a few black lights in the garage, shut off the lights and prepared for the onslaught of tween girls. Here's Will's take on this evening:

Since she was born on 11/11/00, we knew the day was coming in eleven years when we'd celebrate her 11th birthday on 11/11/11. We always said we'd throw a big party, and now that day is here. There are at least 15 kids in my house, little girls dancing around and laughing, a few of us boys are having a Nerf gun war and causing havoc, and it's a great day. Sorry Disneyland, but HOME is the happiest place on earth. Happy Birthday, baby girl. Your Papi loves you."  And so does your Mommy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it